Thursday, November 28, 2013

Opportunities

One of the hardest things I had to overcome in Kung Fu was doing warm-ups. Even harder was leading a class (and it was a kids class). I was planning the class for days and trying to memorize what I will do every moment I'm in front of the kids. I can still remember how nervous I was. I constantly felt that the kids are testing me. I also felt that the other instructors are judging me.

Now, one of the things I enjoy most in Kung Fu is teaching the kids class. I still prepare and feel the kids are testing me but I don't get as nervous and I welcome any feedback the other instructors have to offer. I really enjoy to see the progress in the kids and in the way we run the class and to know I had a part in that. This is a great feeling of accomplishment.

My point is - we all feel nervous and scared of new situations but if we don't try, we wouldn't know what we are missing. We might even like it...

1 comment: