Sunday, July 16, 2017

The Route to Sundre (Mastery)

Last few days I enjoyed being away at a farm near Sundre. As a continuation of my last blog and as this topic has been a hot one, I was thinking about it while being at the farm.

Searching for the travel route from Stony Plain to Sundre and you get 3 different option all within few minutes. There are of course many more options that make it longer, but still will get you there in a decent time. There are also few options (i.e. going to Jasper and then to Rocky Mountain House) that will almost double the travel time be nonetheless it will take you to your destination (and in this case the route will be more scenic).

I see it being the same as our journey to black belt or our journey to mastery. There are more than one route that I can take that will get me there in reasonable time. Each route has its advantages and disadvantages. There is no need to choose the fastest route. I need to choose the route that is right for me.

As long as I know where I'm going, I will get there even if I take few detours. If approached with the right perspective, these "detours" need to be seen as learning experiences. Each one of us will have its' own route to black belt and mastery. You should never follow someones route just because it worked for them. You should find the route that works for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment