Sunday, July 9, 2017

Alt-Ctrl-Del?

There are many times were we get to a point in our training and we wish we could start over... After getting my black belt, I had thoughts to re-join SRKF as a white belt :-). Training from ground zero and re-learning everything I already know.

At this time of the year, as summer vacations approach us and we are going to have harder time to attend all IHC functions due to "summer events", I hear more and more people talking about being lost, taking steps back, etc.

I was there. I am always there. Taking a step forward, 2 steps back, not knowing where I'm going, what I should focus my training on, etc.

Now I'm taking a step back and asking my self - why am I doing all of this? Is my goal to do 50,000 push-ups? No. What are my goals? Why am I engaged with a mastery program?

For me it is to enhance my life in few aspects - Family, Health, Happiness, Success, Friendship. These are my core values. This is why I do it all. So as long as these 5 values are being addressed. As long as I am going towards getting better at one of these - I'm good. It doesn't matter where it takes me as long as my core values are in front of me.

Now, did I need all these years in the IHC to figure it out??? I had it all written down for my black belt ceremony. I just need to re-read it once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment