Sunday, February 5, 2017

Creating and keeping memories

Yesterday I was away from the first Rooster IHC meeting. I attended a funeral of work colleague's father. When I was sitting and waiting for the service to start, I was watching the rotating photos presentation. It showed photos from his life. Since he was a little boy all the way for being a grandpa with his own grandchildren.

I was pondering how memories are created and how they are kept alive. If we share an event with a group of people, this memory will be alive as long as one of us is still alive. I have many memories from my dad but when I'm gone these memories will be gone.

Photos (and videos) are a great way to preserve memories. However, lately I'm finding that the easier it is to take photos, the harder it is to keep and organize them. Going on a weekend trip to the mountains can easily produce more than 500 photos. Making it hard to organize and choose the best 10, the best 100 and upload them to an online album. I end up with thousands of photos that are just stored on some folder.

Sigh...

1 comment:

  1. We have a ton of photos as well but I just recently went through them and it brought back some great (and some sad) memories. Going to have to go through the old school ones now as lots were before the digital age.

    ReplyDelete