Sunday, January 29, 2017

New Start

The Chinese New Year banquet was wonderful. From the preparations during the day, where everyone in the team (plus more) were helping out. The evening itself was a great fun. In between the Lion/Dragon dance, the kids demo, the IHC demo, the candidates speeches - everything was going great. I missed a move in my form, but I don't think anyone would have noticed. I just kept going. BTW - today I realized that my weapon is not "slashing staff" as I referred to it the whole year, but a "lashing staff". Oh well...

I want to congrats the 3 new black belts - sifu Chervenka, sifu Csillag and sifu Prince. All 3 of you had a great year and I'm happy for all of you.
I want to congrats all black belts who got promoted - sifu Dennis, sifu Lindstrom and sifu Langner. It is a privilege to train with you. We are truly blessed to now have 4 master level instructors in our school.
I want to congrats and thank the whole IHC team. We did great in both demos and we had a great year with lots of growth and successes.
I want to thank anyone who took part in any way with the banquet yesterday.
And I want to send a special thank you to sifu Brinker who without his leadership and support none of this would have happened.

Now after a day of rest, it is time for a new start. Well, a new continuation of last year. I would like to build on our success and not to start from ground zero. I think we have a strong team this year and it will be great working with each and one of you.

I have lots of personal plans for this year. More on that in future blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment