Sunday, January 10, 2016

Good to Great

The biggest enemy of being great is being good.

The book "Good to Great" aims to describe how companies transition from being average companies to great companies and how companies can fail to make the transition.

From my point of view, I want to understand how a martial artist is transforming from a good martial artist into a great martial artist. How to avoid failing making this transition. 

Is it just practicing more? developing a better eye for details? trying new techniques and forms? enforcing the base techniques and forms? mental growth, physical growth? combination of all?
How do we even measure a martial artist and mark them as great? is this subjective? 

I think that if I got my black belt and stopped, I would have been a good martial artist (or maybe even a martial artist). If I keep going with my training and keep progressing, I am becoming a great martial artist. This is why the IHC is such a great program as it is giving you the tools and the opportunities toward mastery, towards being great.

No comments:

Post a Comment