Sunday, January 17, 2016

dehydrated

Last weekend I had a conversation with Mr. Duncan about addictions, I was sharing with him that I also have an addiction. I love food. I love food in any shape or form. I like to experiment food and I like familiar comfort food.

When I am busy, I can go without food but when I am not busy I find myself living in the fridge or in the pantry. If I did not work out as much as I do, I would have been a 300 pounds dude.

After talking to Mr. Duncan, I was thinking about why am I hungry all the time and I came to realization that maybe I'm not hungry. Maybe I'm thirsty and my mind is interpenetrating it as hunger.

Then I was talking to Sifu Regier about it and realized what other affects dehydration might have on my body. I also realize that I need to have an easy access to water in order to drink it. If I have to put an effort into it, I will get juice or something else.

There is no easy way. I just need to drink more (water). I will track my intake daily and keep you posted once in a while on how much I'm drinking. Out of curiosity - I was wondering how much water each one of you drinks everyday???

3 comments:

  1. I drink at least 3 glasses of water a day plus at least 3 cups of tea. I have an app that reminds me to drink water otherwise it would be more difficult to remember. I should drink more too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to drink at least 5or6 glasses of water, plus I also drink herbal teas a lot. I'm not sure if that should count, but I don't put anything in it, so I count it anyways.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two Thimble fulls, on a good day. On another note though, working out as much as you do takes energy. Food consumption has to increase with activity obviously so don't feel too guilty of eating the right foods. I couldn't keep my body fueled enough when I was doing arborist work with the physical requirement. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete