Sunday, February 2, 2014

New Year

I can't believe what have happened yesterday. It all went so fast. The Dragon/Lion dance was awesome. Then came the kids demo and I was so happy to see my kids doing so well and also my class, the Advanced BD, performing (great job everyone!). I was also exited to present the awards for the Advanced BD - way to go Miss Deluca and Mr. MacKay!

After the awards presentations, we did the I Ho Chuan demo. I think it went pretty well. I think I finally got comfortable with my Twin Hooks. Then we had the candidates demo. What a rush of adrenaline. I was nervous about the Twin Hooks fight choreography but it was done without a glitch. Finishing with the multiple opponents applications was the peak for me. I don't think I would be able to do another demo after that.

I got my black belt. What an excitement. And I will never forget what Sifu Brinker told me. Because of what he said, this is one of the best moments I ever had.

So after taking today for resting (yeah right resting with 4 kids...), I had to put some thoughts into my schedule for the coming year.

I'm going to switch my blogging day from Wednesday to Sunday. I'm also going to include a snapshot of where I am with my I Ho Chuan requirements and my personal goals. This is to keep me accountable.

I'm happy to continue with the team and also seeing some new faces in the team. It will be great to meet everyone next Saturday for out first meeting (Feb 8 at 2pm if you did not know).

Snapshot:
(this week includes today only...)
Push-ups - 0 this week - 0 out of 50,000
Sit-ups - 0 this week - 0 out of 50,000
Nunchucks - 0 this week - 0 out of 1,000
Staff - 0 this week - 0 out of 1,000
Acts of Kindness - 3 this week - 3 out of 1,000
Plank - 0 this week - 0 out of 1,000 minutes
Horse Stance - 0 this week - 0 out of 1,000 minutes
Qi Gong - 0 this week - 0 out of 365

1 comment:

  1. I love your goals and your attitude, it is going to be a great year :)

    ReplyDelete