Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Motivation, Commitment, Discipline and all that is in between

We all struggle with motivation from time to time. How can we keep our commitments? How can we do what we signed up for? How can we be disciplined and practice every day?

It is not easy and I find it harder now that it is so dark early in the morning. Who wants to get out of bed at 5:30 am? When it is so cold and dark outside? Not me!

When you have a goal in mind, it keeps you motivated. Your commitment is greater. This is where a tournament like the Tiger Challenge comes into play. We need to realize the value of this event and set a goal of competing at the event. We have less than a month to practice and prepare for it. Commitment. Discipline. Motivation. That all it takes.

When Sifu Brinker asks us in class - where are you/ and what are you doing? I also ask my-self: "why am I doing it?". We all have our reasons for being in Kung Fu. When you are feeling down and unmotivated, think about the WHY. It helps me to re-engage in my training.

I hope to see lots of students at the Tiger Challenge this year. I hope to see YOU there too!


1 comment:

  1. i will defiantly be there you have a fierce commitment and a glowing heart. you are someone of true balance and when i see you. you juggle family, kung fu, work and successfully at it to. i know you might maybe think different, but i think your just doing your best and that is awesome. I hope when i have a family i can take care of them as well as you take care of yours.

    ReplyDelete