Saturday, June 1, 2013

We had fun together

Today we went to a "celebration of life" for Tim, a family friend, who had past away while travelling in China. Tim was the first friend I had in Canada and although the age gap we had fun going for walks and doing computer stuff together.

During the memorial service I had lots of thoughts going through my head - am I leaving my life to the fullest? How many people will show up to my memorial? What will my kids say about me? How will they remember me?

There was one phrase from the memorial that I thought was very strong. Tim's son asked everyone not to think of the time we could have spent with his dad but to think of the good times we did spend with him. I felt it was very powerful and made me feel good.

RIP Tim :-)

1 comment:

  1. Hey I actually got on this thing! I'm sorry to hear of your loss. Powerful questions to answer--they go along well with Where am I? and What am I doing? And perhaps Why am I doing this?

    ReplyDelete