Saturday, June 8, 2013

Life is precious!


Today was supposed to be a fun day, trail run racing, with the whole family. I was especially  excited to see my son, Kobe, participating in a 3km race. I was also excited to see my girls running (Noa and Shira - 1km, Aviva 500m). I woke up early (5am) in order to get to the race area and help with the setup. After about half an hour I got banged a heavy metal pole on my head.

My first reaction was - oh boy that is not good. I put my hand on my head and feeling all the blood, I looked at my hands and said - that is really not good.

I spent the next few hours in a medical center getting stitches and a tetanus shot. Needless to say, I missed my kids' races. :-(
I got to the race starting point 5 minutes after the last wave started running. I asked if I can start running and they agreed to let me run. Most of the run I felt really good. I didn't feel any pain. I think the anesthesia was working great.

It might have been easy to decide not to run because of my injury but I decided to make the best of it (I did ask the doctor if it is OK). At the end I had lots of fun and the kids were happy I ran with 4 stitches...

Moral of the story - watch what you are doing. Life is precious!

No comments:

Post a Comment