Sunday, March 17, 2013

Only 7 days in a week

In the last little while I've heard different people talking about which day they are considering as a rest day or which day they are considering to be the day we should all practice. I'm all about the routine. This is how I keep my self engaged. There are only 7 days in a week and each of these days has it's own constraints and difficulties.

I'm in search for the rest day...

"God had finished his work of creation and so he rested on the seventh day, blessing it and making it holy."

For my weekly routine and for my family activities, it is the best to set Friday as the rest day, however I have Sihings class and periodically the I Ho Chuan class.

Saturday is supposed to be the official rest day but with the Lil Leopards class, the fitness class and then open training I can hardly get any rest.

On Mondays and Wednesdays I spend the morning in the TLC running and after work I'm at the Kwoon with the Advanced Black Dragons. I'm also trying to participate in the Wednesday morning class.

On Tuesdays and Thursdays I have my Kung Fu morning classes and when I can I go to sparring class in the evening.

Sunday... what a great day to rest and enjoy time with family. Hmmm... we started going to the TLC to run as a family. I also find Sunday as a great catch-up day for what I've missed during the week.

I guess god had it all wrong. There should have been 8 days in the week.

1 comment:

  1. God rested because he was finished! You too can rest when you are done! When you consider that a martial artist's journey is never ending, you don't get a rest day!!!! Sorry :)

    ReplyDelete