Sunday, October 8, 2017

We all gonna die! But how soon will it be depends on what we do!

More and more terrorist attacks are hitting what is known as the western world. The death toll is rising and seems to be higher than before. I started wondering what is it in numbers. Do I need to be worried about being killed?

Well, the answer is YES but not from a terrorist attack or a lunatic shooting spree.

Based on statistics, there is a higher chance for me to die from a lightning strike or a bee sting. But that is not even what I need to worry about (though the buzz makes me wanna run...). The 2 main causes of death are Heart Disease and Cancer.

There is about 80,000% more chance I will die from a heart disease or cancer than from a shooting.

But here is the good part - although I cannot guaranty how I will die, I can reduce my chance of dying of heart condition, cancer, etc by taking better care of myself. Eating healthier, using sun screen, drinking lots of water, getting checked on a regular basis, exercise, medidate.

In your comments to this blog - please note what you are planning to do to live longer.




2 comments:

  1. To live longer, I will exercise, eat more fruits and vegetables, meditate, continue to learn, love with my whole being and to live in the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you covered pretty much everything that we have control over when it comes to lengthening our lives. The thing that I am really going to focus on moving forward is slowing down. No matter how much time I have left, I want to make sure I am truly present and experiencing all I can.

    ReplyDelete