Sunday, October 29, 2017

Do we have enough medals?

The Tiger Challenge is different for me. For me, most of this event is happening before the first match starts.

Creating the slides for the TVs, checking to see if there are enough medals, ordering the trophies, preparing the sign-up forms, preparing the divisions and arranging the schedule. This is all happening in the days and weeks before the Tiger Challenge. This year I also wanted to get the Dragon dance with the Lion dance.

Every year has its own challenges. As in previous years, there were some difficulties with setting the divisions. But this year I was mostly worried that we will not have enough medals for all winners.

Anyhow, the day has arrived. We had a great team of people arranging the kwoon for the event. I think that it gets easier every year as we already know what to do... The Dragon Dance and Lion Dance was really good. I want to thank the dragon team for being able to pull it off in such a short time but especially to thank Mr. Kohut (Nate) who did not hesitate to come and join us.

From my perspective, the event went much smoother than previous years. I think that the score keepers this year did a great job and everything was as planned. Well almost.

It was Mr. Kohut (Simon) who said something like "this was not supposed to happen". It looked like part of their fight choreography but Mr. Thompson was actually down. Luckily we had a trained medical individual and we made sure Mr. Thompson is OK. It was a great relief to see him continuing to help with score keeping later that day. Very scary but I am so glad it ended OK.

Thanks for everyone who helped in anyway before, during and after the event! It is always a very stressful and tiring day for me but also very rewarding and fulfilling day.

No comments:

Post a Comment