Sunday, March 26, 2017

Fears

We all have fears. Fears from the different, fears from the unknown, fears from the future.

When we are facing danger our brain automatically chooses between flight, freeze or fight. This is our instinctive mechanism to face the danger.

Standing in front of what I fear, I act differently based on what I believe I can do best. Freezing however seems to be one way that I think I will mostly regret about in the future. I feel that an action is better than inaction.

Seeing my mom getting old and knowing that this time might be the last time I will see her is one of my biggest fears. And at this point I feel the I'm in freeze mode.

1 comment:

  1. An action is almost always better. Losing a parent can be a scary thought but try to enjoy your time there.

    ReplyDelete