Sunday, June 5, 2016

Parade

Last year while walking in the Farmers Day parade I was talking to Mr. Kohut and telling him we should have a float in next year's parade. I also talked about it with few more people including Mr. Helm. I was not sure if we would be able to pull it off and getting close to this year's parade it seemed that we are too late with some of the arrangements but joint effort in the last 10 days made a thought come true.

Now this year's parade was special for me. Not because we had a float. Although I think it was well done and made us look great as a school. The parade was special this year because of the preparations before the parade. The evening I spent with Mr. Helm, Mr. Kohut and Mr. Dyble painting and building the weapons' rack, the evening I spent with Mr. Helm trying to figure out how to mount the flags. The morning of the parade were a bunch of the IHC group came together to decorate the float.

This is one of the things I like about the IHC. Coming together as a group to achieve a common goal. I had lots of fun in the parade this year and the main reason was because of the time we spent together before the parade.

No comments:

Post a Comment