Sunday, June 26, 2016

Dragon (and Lion) Dance

I was watching the video of the Dragon/Lion Dance we did for the last banquet and while watching I was thinking and noticing few things. First it was wicked long - 17 minutes. It a combination of a lion dance then a dragon dance and then ending with a lion dance but as a whole it was a very long performance. A very good one.

Secondly it reminded me how much fun it was practicing, although a bit nerve racking as the head trying to remember the sequence every time we changed it. It was a great bonding experience and a lot of fun.

Thirdly I remembered that there were few tricks that we excluded from the demo (maybe this year?) and few that we came up with just by chance - that was fun too.

We are now almost half way through the year and I think it is time to bring the dragon out and start playing around.

No comments:

Post a Comment