Sunday, October 12, 2014

Thanks for what?

It is Thanksgiving now and like everyone else I should probably write about how thankful I am... Thankful for what?

6 weeks ago my cousin was killed from a rocket attack in Israel. I was not really close to him as he was few years older than me and rarely spent any time with him as a kid. I did not even know how many kids he had until after. He had 2 girls and one boy, older than my kids.

I cannot imaging leaving my family behind. It can happen anywhere. Car accidents, disease, etc.

I need to be thankful every moment of my life that I am still alive, that I am healthy (mostly :-) and that my family is doing well. I can forget all the things that don't make me happy (there are many of these) and all the things I want and can't have.

I have a lot and I want to keep it this way.

7 comments:

  1. I am sorry to hear of your cousin. We are pretty sheltered here in Canada and it is very easy to keep a lot of things as abstractions. I can't imagine living under the constant threat of attack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for loss. Let me know if you need a chat ��

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a terrible tragedy. Sorry for your loss

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about your cousin. I cannot imagine what things are like down there, and I hope that his family can find the strength to keep going. You are right, that we do need to keep the positive things in front of us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sorry to hear about your cousin. We are very privileged to be living in Canada. Too many of us take it for granted.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear about your cousin. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sorry to hear about the loss of your cousin.

    ReplyDelete