Sunday, March 2, 2014

What am I doing?

At our last meeting I was looking at the bench. My son was sitting their and watching us. I kind of feel bad that he has to spend so much time at the kwoon watching us. It is more so true for the younger girls who usually don't join us on the mats for open training. When we got home and we were discussing some of the stuff from the meeting, he was repeating Sifu Brinker's words. I guess he is getting something from sitting and watching us :-)

We all struggle with schedule and priorities. I'm learning 2 new forms and I focused on one. The second one was neglected. Sometimes you need to focus on what is more important at the moment. You cannot focus at everything at the same time unless you have no work/school to deal with.

Sickness, injuries, changes in life / work are all an obstacle (or a ladder) to being in the I Ho Chuan. It all depends on how you approach it. I was thinking what would have happen I had to be in a wheelchair. Would I stop being part of the I Ho Chuan or would I use the group support and do what I can in my condition. I can't really tell what would have happen but I would like to think I will stay engaged.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FSZJu448

Snapshot:
Push-ups - 1,070 (4,300/50,000)
Sit-ups - 1,040 (4,300/50,000)
Nunchucks - 44 this week - 124 out of 1,000
Staff - 5 this week - 43 out of 1,000
Acts of Kindness 23 -  this week - 83 out of 1,000
Plank - 16 this week - 53 out of 1,000 minutes
Horse Stance - 17 this week - 61 out of 1,000 minutes
Qi Gong - 0 this week - 7 out of 365

2 comments:

  1. I think if we all try to stay engaged even when we can't be there, we will experience success as a team! I think we made some important steps yesterday by starting to talk about it, I think that it is going to be a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have thought of this same thing! If I was incapacitated and could no longer kick and punch, what role would Kung Fu play in my life? Interesting question. Thanks for the blog.

    ReplyDelete