Sunday, March 23, 2014

Passion

I have to admit that as a kid I was never passionate about anything. Just do what you need and that is about it. My friends loved motorcycles (and could name them by sound), basketball (and were part of a team), partying (and were drunk...). I was average with everything. Never sticking to something or committing to anything. Maybe because I was scared of letting someone down or not being good enough.

Kung Fu was the first activity I was passionate about. I wish I had more time to learn and practice. Being passionate about Kung Fu is something that comes from within. You cannot be told "show your passion in class". You can develop passion in time but you either going to have it or not. You cannot fake it.

At the same time being passionate about Kung Fu doesn't mean you have to stand in the middle of the kwoon and scream all the time. Passion is internal.

Just some thoughts about my passion.


Snapshot:
Push-ups - 710 (6,500/50,000)
Sit-ups - 700 (6,500/50,000)
Nunchucks - 18 this week - 160 out of 1,000
Staff - 21 this week - 100 out of 1,000
Acts of Kindness 27 -  this week - 163 out of 1,000
Plank - 6 this week - 70 out of 1,000 minutes
Horse Stance - 9 this week - 76 out of 1,000 minutes
Qi Gong - 0 this week - 7 out of 365

Ahhh - I need to get a Qi Gong routine

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your passion and if you ever want to stand in the middle of the kwoon and scream, I'll understand:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though passion is internal, it does carry through to the external. I can see it in your eyes. Get you talking about Kung Fu, you light up like a Christmas tree. Now that is true passion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess I have to clarify - I didn't say that passion stays inside but that it is generated from within, from your heart.

    ReplyDelete