Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Music and Creativity

We are practicing for the Chinese New Years - Dragon dance, Kids demo, I Ho Chuan demo.

It is amazing to watch some of these kids. Their creativity is something to admire. It seems that the older you get the less creative you become. There must be ways to keep the creativity alive.

When I was practicing for the Tiger Challenge I wasn't planning to do musical form mainly because I didn't want to confuse my self with other forms. But then a week before (inspired by my wife and son) I decided to give it a try. I combined 4 sections from 4 different forms and picked a song I liked.

The 5 days practicing this musical form were lots of fun. I really enjoyed doing the form with the rhythm and moving with the beat. I think music improves ones creativity. I can't wait to do the same with all the other demos. It is going to be so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment