Monday, June 5, 2023

I don't like making mistakes

When I was a kid, I used to specific words in a funny way. Changing letters. Or missing letters. For example - I would say hopsital instead of hospital.

I was laughed at.

So because I did not want to make any mistakes, I kept my mouth shut. As a kid and into my young adult life- I avoided conversations, especially if it was with more than one or two people. To this day, I have a fear of saying the wrong thing, doing the wrong thing. 

But about 10 years ago, I was given a book to read. The book was called "failing forward". 

I can't say it completely changed me. I am still shying away from the spot light and will hang on to what I feel comfortable with. But I am embracing the change and the challenges with new experiences. And that opened a whole new world for me. At work and at Kung Fu.

No comments:

Post a Comment