Thursday, June 1, 2023

I am a machine

When it comes to training I am a machine. And like any machine, it sometimes need a reset. 

So here it is - my reset.

I've been training for many years. One of the best aspects of my training was the early morning Kung Fu classes. And when I say early, I mean it. The classes were on Tuesday and Thursday starting at 6:40 in the morning. Every Tuesday and Thursday I would go an practice Kung Fu in the mornings and once I had access to the Kwoon keys, I started going at 6am to get some practice before class started.

When COVID started, I continued to go in the mornings to the Kwoon even though there were no more classes. But once I got my house organized for COVID and exercises, I started doing the routine at home. Obviously it was not the same thing. There is something for me about being at the kwoon. I do not get the same from my Kung Fu training elsewhere. 

With the return to work (but not to early Kung Fu classes), I started going to the gym on some days which was great, but I also started missing waking up early on days I work from home. It started to become a habit. A bad habit. If I work from home I "sleep in" and wake up at 7 instead of 5. These couple hours of missing training are crucial for me and I am struggling to get back to it.

But now is reset time. When I go to work - I go to the gym. When I work from home - I practice at home. There I committed to do it as I used to in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment