Saturday, January 22, 2022

Missed Opportunities

We often talk about missed opportunities. How we, because of fear, work, time, money, miss these opportunities that can transform  our lives.

After I visited Dharamshala, India - I knew that I missed an opportunity to of a life time - to meet the Dalai Lama. In order to do this, I had to register and then wait  few more  weeks. But I was in a rush to  move on. And later  regretted that.


I got to know Thich Nhat Hanh only after I moved to Canada. Somewhere around 2005. I was  listening  to his books and audio podcasts once in a while. I always thought it will be great to meet  someone like him in person and had  thoughts of  going to a retreat in Plum Village. Unfortunately, this opportunity is now also gone.  Thich Nhat Hanh has died yesterday at the age of 95. He is leaving a void I really hope someone will be able to fill.

"In the  here, in the now - I have arrived, I am home."


No comments:

Post a Comment