Sunday, April 16, 2017

Learning a form

Learning a new form is always exciting. It is not an easy process for me. I need to repeat each step many times until I get the sequence and then there is lots of work to perfect it. This year's form is Kobe's sword form from his grading year. It is a very flowing form much like Lao-Gar which makes it harder for me as I'm having difficulties making this form look good. I now know all the moves and I need to practice the form many more times to memorize it.

During open training I was thinking about the form and about how lucky I am that I can learn this form from Kobe. I'm amazed of what this kid has achieved so far. He is only 13 and he learnt, experienced and done more (way more) than I did when I was his age. I feel so privileged to be able to learn from him. Thanks!

1 comment: