Sunday, September 13, 2015

We should choose HOPE

Being at the Rotary Run for Life brings a lot of emotions. The biggest one is FEAR. I do not want to experience the pain some of these families feel. Another is SHAME. I realize that it is still hard for me to openly discuss this matter especially with kids. I am afraid of saying the wrong thing. But not saying anything is probably worse. SADNESS. When the families walked in with the names of their loved ones I felt great sorrow. I was focusing specifically on one family who has lost 3 different members – a father, a brother and a nephew.

Everyone should have a safe place to go to. A place where they can reach out and know they can have someone who cares. A place they can recharge and regain HOPE.


Today I felt the pain of the families who are suicide survivors. I want to make my surrounding – my home, my work, the kwoon – a place where people know that there is always hope, there is someone that will listen, there is always a reason to LIVE.

1 comment:

  1. It was a good reminder that we need to break the stigma that is attached to suicide, and to break the silence that those suffering feel.

    ReplyDelete