Sunday, August 9, 2015

If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

If I train and no one is around to see it, am I getting better?
If I care about others and their training, can they see that I care and want to help?

There is no doubt in my mind on the integrity of why I train and why I teach Kung Fu. I'm not sure that I always convey it in the best way. I truly want to better myself and my surrounding. Sometimes when I train I can be seen as sluggish, grumpy. Sometimes when I teach I can be seen as indifferent, disconnected. But I'm not. I do have my own struggles and time limits but when I train or teach Kung Fu I'm truly there in the moment. 

2 comments:

  1. I for one always appreciate your level of engagement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The reality is that absolutely everything is perceptual, from all spectrums. I personally view you Sifu as engaged at all levels. Until a situation or a persons personality is understood perceptions will vary.

    ReplyDelete