Sunday, August 2, 2015

Environmental Guerrilla

I was just sitting down to write my blog and then the call came in. It was on. The mission had began.

I sneaked out of the house, grabbed the wagon and walked around the neighborhood. After about 5 minutes of walking I was there standing in front of the 3 stranded trees. The 3 trees were pulled out few days ago for road construction and no one thought about planting them back. They were drying up and 2 of them without much dirt. I picked the 2 into the wagon and carried them to their future home. Then there was the third tree. Still with a big bulb of dirt. After reducing its size to a weight I could carry, I hauled it with the van close to the new planting site and then carried it in. It was all dark and I was trying to be as quite as a ninja could be.

I don't know if the trees will survive but at least I tried instead of letting them dry up.


5 comments:

  1. Awesome. On behalf of the planet, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and my husband should talk. He has a rescue birch grove by our house, for birch trees otherwise doomed to death. Pair or ninjas here, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and my husband should talk. He has a rescue birch grove by our house, for birch trees otherwise doomed to death. Pair or ninjas here, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete