Sunday, April 27, 2014

Appreciation

This week I had 2 topics I wanted to blog about. I didn’t want to leave one of them to next week and I was going to blog twice. Then I figured both are different but the same.

I was a single parent this weekend. Starting Thursday I was on my own. Taking the kids to their classes and teaching in the kids classes, sending them to school, meals, birthday party, more Kung Fu classes, working in the garden, bike rides, building forts, more meals, more classes, even managed to complete a project I had on my list for few months (when the kids were at school).

When I had some time to think about all I was doing I had appreciation to single parents, managing to juggle life by themselves. I also appreciate my wife who is doing the lion share of this work on a regular basis.


Today is also the Holocaust Memorial Day in Israel. I remember stories my dad used to tell me about days without food. The fear of being taken to the death camps. All these memories came back today and I am so thankful to be living were I am. Having a house, food, security.


We really need to appreciate all that is around us. The people that surround us and the environment we live in.

2 comments:

  1. Great blog sifu! It is a great idea to remember to be thankful for what we have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job. It is sometimes easy to forget what we have been blessed with, having such a direct connection really can bring it into perspective, and is important to remember and share. Thanks for the blog.

    ReplyDelete