Friday, July 12, 2013

Sparring Night


I think that in the last year I became more relaxed while sparring. Realizing that I can protect myself and deliver counter attacks. Today I was nervous sparring. Today I was sparring, for the first time, with sifu Brinker. I was trying really hard not to look into his eyes and focus on his chest. I knew his look will melt my guards down. I probably was more rigid than usual and I did get hit a lot but I think I learned from this match as I did from all the great matches I had today. During the round with sifu Brinker, he kept lowering his guards and giving me some openings (false openings I presume). I was very anxious but survived (beside a sore nose) to blog. 

I was feeling down today. The stress at work is pounding hard. Then the drive home and strait into class, with a horrible headache. But after few rounds of sparring I felt much better. I guess this is what happening when I get bunked in the head too many times...

2 comments:

  1. Oh is that the way to get you to feel better? I'll remember that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm willing to bonk you in the head any time you would like ( I just need a stool to reach you!) :)

    ReplyDelete