Sunday, January 6, 2019

Teaching Rewards

I love teaching Kung Fu. If you would have asked me when I started practicing Kung Fu if I would ever do it, the answer would have been a definite NO. But as my kids started practicing Kung Fu, I enjoyed helping out in their classes and one thing led to another.

I think teaching is one of the best things that happened to me in Kung Fu. As I am teaching others, I get so much back. Leadership skills, organization skills, everything in Kung Fu makes more sense once you need to teach it as you really need to understand what you are doing. There is no doubt that my progress in Kung Fu is enhanced by my teaching.

I teach the advance kids class and while it is sad for me to see the kids in my class moving into the adults class, I know that this is part of their progress. It is nice to see how they evolve as young adults. This year is special for me as other than my son, it is the first time that kids that I was teaching are going for their black belt. It was a pleasure teaching all 3 of them as kids and it was a pleasure to see them growing up in age and in their Kung Fu training.

No comments:

Post a Comment