Sunday, November 11, 2018

15 Years

Next month it will be 15 years since I moved into Canada and that made me think about a lot of things in the last few weeks.

It was not easy to find work when I moved here and I did the math and my salary today is almost 4 times as much as I made the first year in Canada. Unfortunately it never seems to be enough. Why?

I made some friends since I moved here but it is not the same as life friends (you know - the ones you have known since grade 2). Shouldn't you be able to become good friend with someone in few years?

I looked at photos from 10 years ago. And though I had specific image of what I looked like back then, it was not the right image. I already had excess weight back then.

All these things in my head and all I can think is that it is really depends on what I do. But deciding and planning is not enough. I need to follow through. Hmmm...

2 comments:

  1. In the time you have been here look at all the positive things that you have accomplished. Look at your beautiful family, your lovely home, and the network of people who care about you. The image you thought you had about yourself is an image from ten years ago - focus on the image of your current self and what that means to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I read this and I was shocked. Only 15 years? I can't imagine packing up and moving to a foreign land and accomplishing everything you have accomplished in such a short period of time. I see a guy who knows what follow through is.

    ReplyDelete