Sunday, October 28, 2018

Stop the Hate

Nothing new about this. There is lots of hatred in the world. For centuries people went to wars because of different beliefs, different views, different color, size, shape, ...

Why can't people just accept other people as they are?

On Saturday while participating in the Tiger Challenge, I got a message from my sister asking me if I am OK. There was a shooting incident in Pittsburgh which is where I spend about a week every month. A shooting incident that happened just because someone is hating someone else. Not the individuals that were killed and injured. The shooter did not know them personally. He purely shot them because they were different from what he is.

And I am in the kwoon with people that have different religious beliefs from mine, people from different backgrounds, with different shapes, colors, views - but we are working together and we are not hating or hurting each other. Why can't the whole world be like that??? 

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I thought of you right away when I saw where the attack occurred. I think as long as we continue to elect leaders who use divisive politics to further their own selfish agendas, no one will be safe.

    ReplyDelete