Sunday, January 21, 2018

Balance

Life is a balancing act. There are competing priorities for every single minute and every single energy we have. If we had one and only one priority, we would be doing it 24-7, getting REALLY good at it. But, we have multiple priorities and a limited time and limited energy resources and therefore we need to choose wisely what we do and when we do it.

Part of my decision this year was to progress at work into a different role. This new role requires me to put more effort into training and it also result in more time away from home. This time is not there for picking. There are consequences to this. It means I have less time for things I used to do.

What is important for me is that my values, what I consider the "non negotiable" activities, are not negatively affected.  As I said, this is a balancing act.

1 comment:

  1. You’re one of the best I have ever trained with when it comes to balancing priorities. As you ease into your changing role, let me know if I can fill in any gaps that may appear.

    ReplyDelete