Thursday, December 28, 2017

I can't do it

Well, Rick Hansen never believed that.

I never heard of Rick Hansen. That is until today when I was listening to a radio show on CBC. In years I've been to Canada I heard about Terry Fox heroic marathon of hope but I did not know about Rick Hansen.

Here is a story about a young man who had plans to compete in the Olympic games and all his dreams were literally crashed in a car accident. He could have chosen to give up. But he didn't. I'm sure he had moments were he was ready to stop but he kept on going.

He did make it to the Paralympic games and won numerous medals; proving that if you put your mind into it, you can break barriers and achieve your dreams. Rick Hansen wheeled through 34 countries for 2 years raising $26 million dollars and became a catalyst to how people with disabilities were perceived.

http://www.rickhansen.com/About-Us/About-the-Foundation


No comments:

Post a Comment