Sunday, September 10, 2017

Teddy Bear

It is part of our nature now to always get or learn something new. As a black belt I am challenged between learning new forms, new techniques and between perfecting the ones I already know.

I realize that I am getting better with all the existing techniques and forms with my progress but the mind wants something new and shiny. 

I was trying to explain it to someone and this is what I was saying: "...it is like giving a kid their old teddy bear as their birthday present - 'here you go, your old teddy bear. Now you can enjoy it better because you had a full year of playing with it. Now you can do it better. Happy Birthday'".

I want to see the reaction of that kid... 

We all need something new but we also need to recognized how much more we can get out of what we already know. Applying new knowledge to old forms and techniques. Getting better with what you have.

No comments:

Post a Comment