Sunday, August 27, 2017

Wasted Time?

I teach at least 4 hours of Kung Fu a week. If I had this time to train myself, I would have been able to improve my techniques so much. Think of it 4 hours a week!!! That is a lot of time.

However, I find that teaching gives me a complete view of my Kung Fu training. When I teach a technique, I am finding myself learning the technique in a different level than what I did as a student.

I love teaching and though I have thoughts of additional training for me, I do not feel that replacing my teaching time with training time will benefit me. So the answer for me is No. Teaching is definitely not wasted time.

2 comments:

  1. Agreed. Your insights and your kung fu I general have improved greatly since you have been teaching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I 100% agree! Teaching may take some time away from our personal training, but what it gives us in return is well worth the investment.

    ReplyDelete