Sunday, June 18, 2017

Step by step

This week started with some not so positive feelings. As much as I try to convince myself it doesn't matter, I do not like not to be acknowledged when others are (and we did the same amount of work). It brings my energy levels down and makes me wonder why I put all the effort in to what I do.

But the week passes on and I get back teaching my classes. Sifu Brinker was leading the kids class on Wednesday and as always he brings a sense of purpose to what we do. His presence is always energizing and empowering. I tried to implemented some of his methods with the adults class and at least from my perspective it was successful class.

During black belt class I partnered my self with a different black belt from previous weeks. This gave me different perspective on what we are working. I feel that there is progress both with the form practice and with the application we are practicing. Step by step, class by class, we get better.

Work is very confusing - I have more time as my current projects are winding down but a much bigger project is going to start soon and I do not know how to approach it and where to focus my energy. As in many other time - I feel that I cannot focus on one thing and get really good at it, as I need to know everything to do with this new project.

Anyway, this weekend was a great break from all of it as we were camping and hiking in David Thompson area. What a beautiful place. I wish I could camp and hike more.

Tomorrow is a start of a new week. Let it be even a better week than the one that is ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment