Sunday, September 11, 2016

Not just another day

Yesterday in our IHC meeting there were few of us who talked and made me feel this is all worth it. Hearing Mr. Kirkman and knowing how much the group support is important to him, to hear about Mr. Kohut success story - wow, hearing about Mrs. Tomie feelings towards the kwoon and how she is enjoying quality time with her daughters (and smoke free for a month!). There were more stories and I think this was one of these meetings were I felt - there is a purpose for all of this. Not just for me but for others in the team.

Then there was today...

Early lion dance at the Rotary Run for Life. What an event - full with powerful emotions. I hope that I will never have to deal with something like that with a close relative. It felt so great to be part of the lion dance (even if my part was minimal) opening the event ceremony.

Then later in the afternoon, a demo at the seniors lodge. The team did great. We had multiple demos going on including the lion dance, weapon forms, hand forms, fight choreography, board breaking and dragon dance. It was awesome! Everyone who was there did a great job! I think the seniors really enjoyed it. What a great community service from our team.

I'm so happy to be on the IHC team and feel privileged to know each and one of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment