Sunday, January 11, 2015

Where are you?

After getting my black belt last year I kept going on excitement and adrenaline for few more months. The Pandamonium in May and the July 1st demo kept me motivated. During the summer we were gone for many weekends. Although during the week I was at the kwoon, not being there for Friday/Saturday classes and open training was not good for my engagement level.

Making the decision that I need to be engaged meant that I had to start spending time at the kwoon on Saturday. This is not a sacrifice for me as I spend time with my wife and kids, improve my health (physical and mental) and enjoy being around friends.

On the quest for continuous improvement, I cannot rest on past glory. I must train, be present at the kwoon and become a role model to my kids. Nothing is easy in life except for giving up.

No comments:

Post a Comment