Sunday, July 13, 2014

Summer, finally

Summer is here. It is hot. Blue skies. This weekend seemed to be like a roller-coaster.

Friday after work, black belt class, sihing class (bruised my forearm really good), I Ho Chuan class (hurt my back really bad being in the back of the lion), playing outside with the neighbourhood kids (twisted my ankle really bad).

Then I thought I will be in bed all of Saturday but still dragged my self to fitness class (did what I could) and open training. Helped Mr. Smid with wrist escapes (I love teaching because I learn so much when I need to explain what I'm doing). Then off to Wabamun lake with our kayaks and then relaxing with a camp fire and nice supper. Got back home after 10pm.

Sunday we spent most of the day at the Kids Festival - hours of fun playing laser tag, huge bouncy houses, seeing a magic show and more. Then doing yard work and doing some renovations prep in the house.

I was struggling with my schedule in the last couple months. I find it hard to wake up early when I go to sleep too late (it is 10pm now and I still have stuff to do...), I also find it hard to stay active in the early morning class. This is why I'm going to skip and go to the gym in the mornings. I'm also hoping to achieve one of my personal goals and start going to a Yoga class. I hope it will workout.

Summer. How can we make it last longer?

2 comments:

  1. Thanks again for your help on Saturday. It was greatly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always amazed at people within the I Ho Chuan. What they are able to accomplish in their personal lives over and above their Kung Fu training is awesome. You are a perfect example of awesomeness in life diversity. Heal up quick and good luck at Yoga. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete