Sunday, February 17, 2013

Twin Tiger Hooks

Few years ago I watched the show The Deadliest Warrior (Shaolin Monk vs. Maori Warrior). In this show they place 2 warrior styles, compare them and simulate a battle using there different weapons to see who is the deadliest warrior. Although the Maori Warrior was very viouces and curel, the Shaolin Monk easily won the match. Out of 1,000 matches, the Shaolin Monk won 692 to 308. Pretty impressive. But what was really amazing is that 566 of these  wins were using the Twin Hooks.

This seems like the right weapon to get and practice.

Now, it is not the easiest weapon to handle. I think you can easily see imperfections and it is hard to use it at home (I almost broke few things already). However, I like it and I can't wait until I can get some sequences memorize and practiced.

I'm not really good with it but you will probably start seeing me with it in open training from now on. Now that the Dragon/Lion Dance practice is done, there should be enough space for me to practice without causing too much damage.

3 comments:

  1. Hmmmm.....a large man with a frightening looking weapon, what could go wrong? =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. its not a kungfu home without a few holes and dents in the walls:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to seeing you master them. I'm going to need something with more reach than my chucks ;)

    ReplyDelete